Friday, October 19, 2012

Homecoming

Shadow Ridge had their Homecoming last weekend.  Brielle was asked to chaperone, and she asked to me to help her.  We went and policed the outside part of the dance.  It was quite entertaining for us.  Kids who tried to hide in the dark corners to make out were our responsibility.  We would stand near-by and just talk until they moved.  They weren't going to do anything with us standing so close.  There were some couples who would sit close to each or on each other on benches.  When they did and started getting too physical we would be there making things awkward.  I wanted to sit on the bench right next to them to make it as awkward as possible.  I figured I would only have to do that a couple of times before it stopped completely.  Brielle wouldn't let me do that though. Though she laughed at the thought. Something about how the kids needed to enjoy the dance.  I just wanted to make it memorable.  I also wished that I could either lose 1/4 pound (a full pound would have killed me off) or get a dollar for every time I saw a girl pulling up the top of her dress to keep from falling out.  I would either be really skinny, or be able to take my wife out to a really fancy restaurant if my wishes came true.  We just laughed at the outfits that we saw that evening.  They included dresses so short that the girls were actually sitting directly on the benches because there wasn't enough fabric to cover their hind-ends and the tux with colored sneakers look for the boys. We also watched lots of drama unfold (including the rival school egging Shadow students coming out of the dance).  Why do people ever want to go back to high school?  We had fun though and are glad that we did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment