Monday, December 16, 2013

Thanksgiving

We went to St. George for Thanksgiving.  It was so much fun to see family and enjoy over eating.  We got there Wednesday afternoon.  I was greeted by Hunter with a "It's time to play transformers."  Hunter had been waiting for DAYS to play with the transformers and was told he couldn't until Uncle Louis got there.  We had a good trip.  There was an emergency trip the grocery store to get pudding for pies Wednesday night.  Then another trip to Walgreens to get aloe vera since I burned the back of my hand pulling a pizza out of the oven.

Thursday consisted of eating food, more food, and for good measure some more food.  Brielle had made stuffed mushrooms that were a hit.  I found Jackson sitting on the table, holding a spoon, and enjoying the filling for the mushrooms.  Can't say that I blamed him.  Thursday morning also confirmed to me that golf is not my game.  Kevin took me out to the range to hit a few golf balls, and it was fun.  I just can't hit a golf ball to save my life.  Hunter was much better at it than me.  Showed up by a three year old.  Jenny, Brielle, and I took the kids to the park to get them out of the way before dinner.  Apparently it was a common idea because the park was busy.  Thursday night Torry, Jenny, and Brielle went and faced the madness of early Black Friday shopping.  It was a great success from the sounds of it.  While they were facing the cold and crowds, Mom, Phil and I played games.  When the girls got back from shopping we played a cut-throat game of Skip-Bo.

Friday was a relaxed day, at least for me.  I wasn't trying to get packed to leave that day.  We said our good-byes to Kevin, Torry, Phil, Jenny and their fams.  It was sad to see them go.  That night we went to the St. George temple lighting ceremony.  It was a good experience that was enjoyed by all.  Even if Dad did make me carry the blanket home.

Saturday Brielle and I headed down to Bunkerville.  Brielle worked on Christmas crafts/decorations.  She decorated some block letters that spelled out BELIEVE.  She did a fantastic job.  I am so lucky that I have such a craft-y wife.  She has done such a good job of decorating our home for the holidays.  Even if her husband was grumpy about where we were going to put the tree.  She figured it out and I happily helped put it up and decorate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment