Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Spring Break

I have done a terrible job of updating our blog.  The only reason is pure laziness.  However, since it is Spring Break, I figured it would be a good opportunity to post what we do over the course of Spring Break.  Each day would be its own entry.  I will Start with Saturday.  To sum up the day, we went to the Clark County Fair.  Now, I would just leave it at that, but I am trying to do better of expounding upon what I say, so here goes.

Brielle loves Einstein Brothers.  She loves their bagels.  We live very close to one, and Brielle has to push it out of her mind.  But it was decided, what could be a better way of starting our Spring Break than going out to breakfast.  So, we ventured across the street for bagels.  There was much rejoicing coming from my beautiful wife.

After breakfast, we went to Bambi's and picked her and her sister-in-law in up for the fair.  There was much excitement about going to the fair.  Brielle has almost always gone to the fair.  I am not big on fairs.  But we go and always have a good time.  When we got to the fair we began our adventure by looking at the little booth/shops that they have set up.  While we were doing that we met up with Kenzie.  Our little group had fun.  We looked at booths and displays.  We went to the building where they display the cakes that have been entered for competitions.  Kenzie's cake got "Best in Class."  She made a fun tiered cake.  Each tier had a scene from the movie Frozen.  Obviously it turned out well since she won first place in her category.  After that we had lunch while at an A Capella doo wop concert.  It was fun to listen to these guys sing some favorites from the '50s and '60s. We then went and played a couple of carnival games, including the goldfish game.  In case you were wondering, I am not so much for good at this game.  The person running it felt sorry for me and gave me a fish.  So I got a very expensive goldfish.  I named him Mr. Gold.  I have no idea how long he will live.  So far, so good.

The rest of the Saturday was pretty boring and uneventful.  We did the usual errand running, shopping, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera.

2 comments:

  1. thanks for the Saturday update. What about the rest of the week?? :o)

    Sami Thompson

    ReplyDelete